Saturday, June 11, 2011

45 Minutes...

What's 45 minutes compared to the rest of my day? Nothing! I spend 45 minutes getting ready for work (which I don't have to do for two entire months since I'm on summer break now! woohoo!). I spend 45 minutes watching a recorded episode of Days of Our Lives (I speed through the commercials). I waste way more than 45 minutes of my day doing dumb stuff all the time. So why is it that I can't commit to spending 45 minutes of my day working out? That's all it takes.... 45 minutes... and I can't even do that. What's wrong with me?!?!

People have been asking me all week how I'm doing on my program. Well, it's time for me to come clean. I haven't even started yet. My first day was supposed to be last Sunday. As you know from my last blog entry, I was extremely hung over.

Excuse #1: I couldn't bend down long enough to pick up after my son let alone do an exercise workout. So I thought, maybe I should just start tomorrow.

Excuse #2: I wanted to start on Monday but I really wanted to stick to the schedule that I had laid out, which was to do my 6 days of workouts and have Saturdays off. So I waited.

Excuse #3: I also was afraid of being sore and still having to go to work. If I waited just one more week I wouldn't have to worry about that. So I waited.

Now here I am on Saturday, the day before I'm supposed to start (for real this time!) and running through my head are a ton of other reasons why I should wait or why I will fail. What is it about me that makes me think I will always fail at everything?! I'm pretty successful in life. I graduated high school with a high GPA. I went to college and got my BS is Elementary Education. (And no Dad, BS doesn't stand for Bull Shit degree... lol... Bachelor of Science. =) ) I have a career as a teacher. I went back to school and got a Masters in Technology in Education. I am able to support myself and my family. And I have an amazing son who lights up my world. I think I'm doing pretty well for myself. But when it comes to weight loss ... I don't know what it is that makes me doubt myself 100% of the time. There is this little voice inside my head that always tells me that I can't - that I'll fail. Well I'm done listening to that little voice! (I'm really not crazy and hearing voices.... really.... )

I'm done making excuses! I didn't start last week because I didn't want to. There, I said it! If I had really wanted to, I would have done it. I claim I never have time to workout, but I always make time to watch Days of Our Lives and repeats of Criminal Minds on A&E (my new favorite old show - so good!). Tomorrow, I AM starting my Power90 program! YAY ME!!

I filled out my calendar that came with the dvd's. It will help keep me on track and remind me that it's only 90 days! (Can you tell that I'm excited? LOL)
I took all my measurements so I have my "before" stats (which I'm NOT posting) and will be able to compare them at the end of the 90 days. I also took a bunch of "before" pictures. Here are a few...

These pictures are HORRIBLE! I'm doing this program so I never see this person in the mirror or in pictures again! I am at my peak weight right now. I know if I continue living my life how I'm living it now, I won't be living for as long as I'd like to be. (Tongue twister, I know, but I mean it!) I need to make a change, and it has to start NOW!

So, as of tomorrow, I will be believing in myself like so many others are believing in me (THANK YOU FOR BELIEVING IN ME!!!). No more excuses, no more voices telling me I can't, no more delaying the necessary. I'm in this for the long haul and that long haul starts tomorrow!

I believe.... (the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way...)
I believe... (in a thing called love, just listen to the rhythm of my heart...)
I believe... (ok, ok, enough song lyrics)... IN MYSELF!!


1 comment:

  1. Your first step is to give up the all or nothing mentality. If you miss a workout this week, don't give up for the rest of the week to start again. Don't try to do two workouts the next day and end up hurting yourself. Just get back on track the next day. Same thing if you slip and eat something off plan -- get back on track with the next meal. It's a lot to go from zero to 60 working out, you will be sore, so know that if you are too sore to complete a workout, you try again the next day. If you succeed more often than you slip, you'll get results. Just don't let slip ups derail you. It's a struggle I'm still having myself and have had to learn over and over.

    ReplyDelete