Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Feel The Burn!

Oooh... I'm feeling it today!

I woke up this morning and was sore, but not as sore as I thought I would be. As long as I was moving I felt ok. It's only when I sat for a while and tried to get going again that I really felt it. My goal today was to do my day 3 workout and make a zumba class at 7:30 tonight. That didn't happen. I ended up going grocery shopping with my mom, son and cousin instead. At least I didn't lay around in bed all day! I got a pretty good arm workout while lugging a pretty big, plastic kiddie pool around Walmart while my mom looked for a car windshield shade (which we had already passed)! lol!

But, I did do my day 3 workout! It was my second day of cardio and this time I tried the yoga! I wasn't able to do it all but at least I tried! I did a revised version of the plank that I was taught by a personal trainer last year (when I signed up at the gym and got a free session but never went back for the other 5 I got). Instead of lifting my body on my hands and toes and staying straight, I pushed myself up on my elbows and toes. And I did the downward and upward dogs. It felt good stretching my back like that!

I was already tired of the music and the guy talking on the video so I turned the TV down and turned my iPod on shuffle. The second song that came on - "What I Got" by Sublime. My brother and I shared a love for Sublime, especially that album. We used to play it and sign along when we were in the car together. It was like he visited me to let me know that he's on my side.... at least I choose to believe that he sent me that song for a reason.

I realized today that I had somehow forgotten how to do jumping jacks. I used to be able to do them but I can't anymore. I feel retarded. I'm jumping up and down and waving my arms back and forth, but it's no where near what a jumping jack is supposed to look like. Oh well... I really don't care. That's one good thing about doing these workouts at home. You don't have to worry about feeling stupid or looking like you just rolled out of bed. I wish that workout videos had fat people on them instead of these in-shape, ripped people that aren't even breaking a sweat by the end of the workout. Seriously! I would rather have the trainer standing up front showing the moves and some fat folks in the back that are all red and huffing and puffing like I am! This was me a few minutes after my workout... all red, dying of heat and sweaty! I really felt the burn today!

I do need one more thing before my next cardio workout. I need a picture to use as a target during the kicking and punching portions. I already know whose picture I want I just need to print it. For those of you that know my current situation... the name starts with C. haahaa! I'm going to tape it to the closet door and focus on it while doing all my jabs, uppercuts and body shots! I love it! I'm sure I'll get to a whole new level of punching by using this picture as a target! LOL!

That's all for now. I'm glad day 3 is over and I'm looking forward to finishing my first week. I think I want to weigh in once a week and update how much I've lost. I don't want to weigh in every day cause I don't want that to be my main focus. And I don't want to be discouraged when I don't lose weight. I want to really focus on the working out aspect this week then focus on my eating habits next week, while continuing to workout.

Till tomorrow... (My legs are on fire and I love it!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment