Wednesday, June 1, 2011

When life hands you lemons....

...ask the bartender for a lime instead, then order a shot of tequilla.

Tonight has been rough, personally speaking. Not to get into too much detail on my weight loss blog, but... my husband and I are separating and I'm planning on moving out this w
eekend. This isn't anything that came out of nowhere. We have been separated since Spring Break in April but we have still been living together. Now we're at the point where we need to officially separate so the healing can start. Hopefully we can work through our issues and find our way back to each other. In the meantime, our son has to be our first priority.

So hard.

In tough times like these, I try to find something positive to throw my energy behind, hence the Power 90 and this blog. I got home from work today and look what I find sitting on the kitchen counter waiting for me...

My Power 90 DVD's are here! I was so excited to open the box and read everything!

It came with a Program Guide that tells you which part of the dvd you are supposed to do on which day. It talks about how you should start slow so you don't burn out in the first week and are in too much pain to continue the program, which is what
I usually do. You are supposed to alternate the circuit dvd and the cardio/abs workout. So three days out of the week you are doing the circuit workout, gradually increasing through the levels. The other three days you are doing the cardio/abs workout, gradually increasing through the levels. That leaves one day a week to rest. I like the idea of having a 90 day calendar that lays out exactly what you should be doing on which day. I plan on taping it to my bedroom door or the wall next to my tv so I'm always staring at it. It also comes with a resistance band to use during the workout. It's not in the picture because Dylan stole it and was using it as a jump rope. lol.

My next step... weighing and measuring myself. I have to measure all the parts of my body: arms, legs, waist, bust. The works. And I must concur the dreaded scale. I also have to take my "before" pictures. Those are going to stay hidden from the world.

What I liked about this program is that is doesn't stress a super low calorie or crazy restrictive diet. It does come with a recipe book that includes some healthy meal options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It talks about being healthy, eating healthy food, and noticing the difference you'll feel when you start working out and seeing results that will make you not want to put junk in your body anymore. It's all about the workouts. So if I want to have that occasional cocktail or glass of wine (or bottle of tequila... whatever), I can. It's all about moderation, which in the back of my mind I already knew.

With everything I have going on this week and my upcoming move, I don't think I'll be able to start the program until Sunday or Monday. I'm soooo looking forward to starting though! I just don't want to do the program for 2 days then have to stop for 2 days while I move and get my life back together.

In the meantime, I'll keep reading the informational material that was provided and I'll start filling out the 90 day calendar so I'm ready to start on Monday. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment